I would like to remind everyone who is preparing for the USMLE exams

Hey. I would like to remind everyone who is preparing for the USMLE exams to take part in the discussion VERY a serious problem on the way to a residence. Because …

According to a report published in Results and Data 2019 Main Residency Match®, according to the results of MATCH -2019, Table 4, the following were included in the Unmatched PGY-1 category:

• Seniors of U.S. Allopathic Medical Schools - 1,162

-Previous Graduates of U.S. Allopathic Medical Schools - 811

-Students / Graduates of Osteopathic Medical Schools - 925

• U.S. Citizen Students / Graduates of International Medical Schools - 2,083

Total - 4981 graduate, a US citizen, did not get a place in the programs.

At the same time, non-U.S. Applicants. Citizen Students / Graduates of International Medical Schools received 4028 places in various programs.

If you cancel the points system, perhaps that many of these 4981 people who did not get into the match for various reasons, and more often because of the low marks on the exams, will take the place of 4028 my colleagues, who, thanks to their high scores on the exams, were able to get the MATCH.

Because apart from the points, we lose by this 4981 in all respects, and - just ONE REASON - we do not live in the United States. And all the additional “advantages” - research projects, famous medical schools, volunteering, a great clinical American experience, the presence of Visa for us is inaccessible due to the very high cost and distance.

Besides, PDs prefer to take applicants who have just completed medical school into their programs. And if American graduates earn their “bonuses” while studying at school, then immigrants, most often, have to do this after graduating from medical school. And this increases the gap and reduces the competitiveness of the candidate.

Assessing the candidate’s knowledge on the points for the exam is a universal and equal for ALL method. It takes into account only the knowledge of the candidate and does not depend, for the most part, on the financial condition and place of residence of the future doctor.