If u can go back in time (knowing what you know now), would you immigrate to another country?

If u can go back in time (knowing what you know now), would you immigrate to another country?

Is the path of doctors in other counties like the US, UK, Australia, and European countries much easier and straight forward?

I have known a doctor from Pakistan in 2005 in Toronto who passed all exams but could not work as a doctor and eventually was able to pass in the UK and actually work as a doctor there. He also put his daughter on the same path in the U.K. even though she is Canadian (whom he sent to Pakistan to study medicine btw).
His experience was very negative to the point of discouraging other doctors including his daughter from pursuing her career in Canada ( and rightly so).

I have heard of many IMGs who were able to evaluate their degree and qualify to work in Europe (that includes learning new languages like German and Dutch).
Some were even in their 40s.

Not to mention I have heard of many IMGs who were able to practice medicine in the USA.

I have heard Australia is IMG friendly as well.

Canada however, not so friendly.
I have seen real life cases as well as documentaries etc telling doctors not to immigrate.

So what’s up with Canada?

By the way, I am not a doctor, however I am trying to gather information for a young doctor friend who asked me for advice on immigrating to Canada.

My first reaction (and personal opinion) was HELL NO, DON’T YOU DARE!

But for fairness sake, I want her to hear from actual IMGs who are going through the process in 2019 ( since my information is from 2005).