I'm an intern from India, I'm thinking of writing my plab steps next year

I’m an intern from India, I’m thinking of writing my plab steps next year. I had a query about GMC registration, since I may potentially have a problem.
I have extended my internship year in india by 12 months, (since last year I went to do a hands on rotation in pediatrics in the United States in the middle of my internship for 1 month) and had taken permission from my medical council to extend it by a year so that I can graduate in 2021 and not 2020. Its approved by my state medical council and I can get a letter of good standing as well. I took this time to prepare for my usmle step 1, and gave the exam this month. I have one more month of my internship pending which I hadn’t finished last year, which I will finish within this year. I have decided to pursue plab recently. I read that GMC required 12 months with no or lesser gap in between.
I read online that I may face a problem with GMC if there is a gap in between my internship, since I have a gap from March 2020 to October 2020, so I wanted to know if that is true and what should I do to go about it. Please do let me know what is my solution.