It breaks my heart so bad to see all this sad and upsetting posts and comments about plab 1 results

Hi everyone,

It breaks my heart so bad to see all this sad and upsetting posts and comments about plab 1 results in the past few days when I myself was over the moon after receiving my plab 2 result. It saddens me even more when I see some people making fun of those who are panicking.

I was there myself. I struggled with generalized anxiety disorder, depression and panic attacks my entire life, but things got worse when I started my plab journey.

I know sometimes it gets extremely hard and stressful and I am very much aware of this nasty and sickly feeling of dread, nerves and fear. I was there myself.

Struggling with work and family commitments, having small kids, putting in tons of hours studying each week can be a drag and enough to make you want to quit pursuing your dream of passing these exams. Believe me, we all get it. But remember, we are all going through this nerve-racking period of time in our lives because there was a REASON!

Fight for it and trust me, at the end of the day, sooner or later, everything will turn out good.

You can do this! Just like every other person out there taking these exams, you will come out the other side, and whatever happens, you will be okay.

Even if you fail the exam, don’t think it’s the end of the world, just take a break, pick yourself back up and take the test again. Do not ever think you can no longer do this. These exams aren’t the only things that define you and your abilities.

Be proud of yourself no matter what, get yourself back on track and fight for your dream.

You can learn from your mistakes; you can improve and believe me it’ll definitely pay off.

And most importantly, look after your mental health specially if you’re struggling with GAD, depression, panic attacks, …. I know we are all doctors, but sometimes we don’t look after ourselves when we should.

Talk about your feelings with people you are comfortable with, get your feelings off your chest, get professional help if you need to, talk to your GP, … trust me the worst thing you can do to yourself is to let this demon eat you up from inside.

When I failed plab 1 on first attempt, I was so devastated and hopeless, I felt like I cannot do this, I almost gave up crying my eyes out day and night. If it was not because of my family’s support and encouragement, I wouldn’t have given it another shot and I wouldn’t be where I am now, celebrating my plab 2 success!

Please support each other, encourage your friends, care for your colleagues even if the only thing you know about them is just a name and a Facebook display pic. Believe me we do need each other.

This is my plab 2 result I received a few days back, passed 17 stations out of 18 and scored 160.

I don’t exaggerate, I look at it every single morning when I wake up and I am proud of myself. It reminds me of my hard work and how I defeated my nightmares.

I wanted to share it with you, may be someone can use it as a little motivation. Trust me if I could do it, any of you can either.

Just remember, success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. The best view comes after the toughest climb!

P.S. I will share my PLAB 2 experience very soon in details.

But I cannot leave this without thanking the legendary Dr Hamed who is the most hardworking and dedicated tutor I have seen in my life and the only teacher I have come across who will go above and beyond to make sure you will ace this bloody exam.