I've been following this group for a little bit to dig deeper into the mysteries of eczema and skin issues

Hello, I’ve been following this group for a little bit to dig deeper into the mysteries of eczema and skin issues. It’s all pretty recent for me so trying to figure things out.
3 months ago I started getting a very slight dryness under one eye, slightly puffy for a while,and then suddenly started getting worse and then my eyelid on the other eye started getting dry and more and more swollen, and then both sides, itchy, rash and also a bit crusty, at times cracking, and very flaky but double sized eyelids and all. And just seemed like it was getting worse and worse and bumpy patches appeared too, and spreading more and more. (When it first started I saw an optometrist, twice, just in case)
I thought I was getting an allergy. Definitely under a period of stress as well, lurking.
But nothing in my diet seemed different etc.
I had also worked on an orchard 3months ago and wondered if any chemicals had affected me, but having left the place a long time ago now I can’t believe how that could still affect me or have me reacting…
Anyway it got bad and I saw a doctor and he said it was periocular dermatitis…he put me on doxycyclyn, an antibiotic, for 90 days…and Elidel cream (no steroid) for 2 weeks. It worked pretty efficiently after 2 days of application. But was always worried of what would happen after the 2 weeks, I may have prolonged it by a few days… (and I have heard of steroid withdrawal and other withdrawals)
He said to not put anything on my eyes during this time, obviously no make up, sunscreen or creams etc and protect from sun.
Stopped the cream and of course my eyes a getting dry and a bit swollen again after not even a week…
My vision isn’t really affected but obviously having this on my eyes is pretty sucky, I’m here for any advice of similar eye affection and what has worked for some of you on this…
I was wondering about my car also, I sometimes live in it (but haven’t lately). I haven’t seen traces of mold or something but could stuff like that be a trigger. My skin gets more dry when I’m driving for long.