Job hunting journey

Job hunting journey* I passed Plab 2 in last October and got my GMC registration at the end of December. Although I applied for 20+ jobs before I got the registration, I didn’t get shortlisted. I applied to about 80 jobs after I got the registration within 2 and a half months. I only got about 10 rejections.

Got the 1st interview in one and a half months, 2nd and 3rd ones in 2 months. Didn’t make it in the 1st one as I was so nervous and stuttered a lot. Succeeded in the 2nd interview but they chose someone who can start working asap, so got rejected finally. Succeeded in the 3rd one and started working in end of March as pre-employment checks and Tier 2 application process took around 3 weeks.

Now working as a Trust Doctor at ST1 level in Obs and Gynae which is my dream job as I really enjoy working in a friendly and extremely supportive environment. They started to let me perform Caesarean sections on my own in exactly 2 months after I began working.

Plan Going to apply for Obs and Gynae ST1 this year (CREST form signed off this month).

Background Finished F1/internship in 2017. Passed MRCOG part 1 in 2018. I had an employment gap of 2 yrs when I applied for the jobs.

Sorry for not posting my success story earlier as I was trying hard to adapt to busy shifts in covid rota. I am more than happy to help IMGs who have the same dream as me, to get into Obs and Gynae training in the UK, especially to ST1. I have already helped 5 friends by reviewing their supporting information section and essay and they have now secured their jobs. Pls don’t hesitate to send a message to me directly if you have any questions with the job hunt or Obs and Gynae SHO job situation.

P.S. Obs and Gynae SHO posts are very rare to be seen on NHS Jobs website as the SHO rota is usually filled by F2s and GPST1s. But I still managed to secure one after 2 yrs of employment gap. Please don’t give up!

I almost forgot to mention. I haven’t done any clinical attachment as the earliest date I have got coincided with my plab 2 date.