Just a quick question with regards to the visa for PLAB 2

Greetings all. Just a quick question with regards to the visa for PLAB 2. If anyone has any experience during this COVID period; can we get a replacement/updated visa if we were unable to fly since the exam was cancelled in mid-March and PLAB 2 visa (which was only valid 6 months ie throughout the whole lockdown period) but now have booked a new exam date. I have come across the guidance on the UKVI CIH which is a little unclear:

If your 30 day visa to work, study or join family has expired

If your 30 day visa to travel to the UK for work, study or to join family has expired, or is about to expire, you can request a replacement visa with revised validity dates free of charge until the end of this year. This does not apply to other types of visas.

This process will be in place until the end of 2020.

To request a replacement visa you can either:

contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre

arrange to return your passport to your VAC if it has re-opened

Contacting the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre:

You’ll need to include your name, nationality, date of birth and your GWF reference number with ‘REPLACEMENT 30 DAY VISA’ in the subject line. If you’ve already contacted us about this, please let us know in your email.

Or do we have to make a new visa? I would but the VAC in my country is still closed and my exam date is closing by.

Thanks in advance