Let me narrate to you what happened with my coffee maker this morning

Most of you know the innate bond we South Indians share with filter coffee. And my morning, typically, starts with one!

Let me narrate to you what happened with my coffee maker this morning.

I packed the right amount of fresh coffee powder, poured the stipulated amount of water and switched on the gadget. I went about doing other work, expecting the aroma of the fresh brew to beckon me to the kitchen, as is the usual practice.

After a while, no aroma came. I went around to inspect and the cup was empty - devoid of the dark brown decoction! My mind started working overtime - another gadget misbehaving!!

Then, I saw water on the platform around the coffee-maker and a few drops trickling on it as well. Ok, so I got it!

Everything had worked, indeed. I had not screwed the lid tight. The hot water/steam was produced but it was vented out through the alternate route it had; nothing got channelised into the circuit that was meant for it.

Doesn’t this happen to us also? Everything is in place. We expect the system to perform as programmed. We expect the day to progress the way we have envisioned. But nothing happens! The problem lies within; not without. Plug the holes; bridge the gaps; cut the distractions.

It will happen, as you envisaged! And happen, fantastically! :slight_smile:

And there I was, indulging myself over the aromatic, inviting cuppa!