Let me share my Experience of doing step 2 Ck before step 1 .

let me share my Experience of doing step 2 Ck before step 1 .
had long time of on and off preparation due to work , real study time was 4 months ( 12 hrs at least ) .
uworld average score was 70 % , 2nd pass was around 85 % but many questions I knew just by looking at the options.
nbme 6 > 207 ( 40 days before exam ) , was shocking but kept going
uworld self assessment 1 > 243 ( 30 days before exam )
nbme 7 offline > 235 ( 30 mistakes )
uworld self assessment 2 > 224 ( 5 days before exam ) , didn’t really stop me from going on, I focused on mistakes and weak areas
Real score > 237 ( not my target but happy to be done since I was short on time and had to take the exam ).

Tips for the exam >
1- do uworld again and again ( small details are what the exam about) uworld is enough to get you a good score If you study it properly.
2- CMS and nmbes are a MUST DO , you will be surprised how much they can help you.
3- uworld step 3 ( 10 % of exam )
4- Do patient safety notes and hospital management ( lots of questions from this subject )
5- DO step 1 before step 2 , many questions will have step 1 basics ,even IF you know the diagnosis ,you may not know what to choose if you don’t have step 1 basics !!!
6- Don’t let self assessments bring you down, learn from your mistakes .
7- learn time management (always do timed mood uworld ) , I got 5 minutes or 4 minutes extra time in each block .

8- Do the facebook Crashes !!! they will help you a lot ( best thing to do 1 subject a day for 1 hour ) ,take notes !!

Good luck to you guys, will be happy to answer any question in comments