LONG POST ALERT: November 7 exam

LONG POST ALERT: November 7 exam

Just wanted to offer my two cents as when I was preparing, I would look for posts from previous candidates and their advice. I took the exam yesterday and like many are saying, it wasn’t an easy exam. But I don’t want future candidates to lose heart and think that it’s not possible to pass PLAB 1. I can only speak for myself and I have prepared slowly for a long time (last 6 months of my housejob, tried doing 50 questions a day) and I found that most questions in yesterday’s exam were doable, apart from 10-20 which were completely unknown to me. I used both Passmedicine and Plabable and made my own notes for my convenience and I think that really helped. I wasn’t planning to study so much but when I saw that March candidates struggled with their exam, I did not want to take any chances.

Anyway, when you go through Plabable you can see that the questions gradually get more difficult. Especially the last 10 questions in different sections which were added from this year’s recalls. Those questions will give you an idea about the current format of the exam. It’s not easy, nor is it super difficult. We’re all doctors and we all have potential. Just need to work a little hard.

Sorry about the long post, I just wanted to encourage the future candidates! I don’t know whether my efforts were enough and whether I’ll pass but this was my experience. If you’d like to ask any questions, I’d be happy to answer!