MCCQE-1 Personal experience:

MCCQE-1 Personal experience:

Hi again, sorry I’ve been really busy lately…
Anyway, so here are my tips for the MCCQE-1 as promised before:

Preparation Period: 4-5 months

Score: 524

Materials used:

1.Toronto notes

2.usmle world for step 2 ck

3.Kaplan video lectures for step 2 ck (internal medicine only)

4.master the boards for step 3 (everything)

5.canadaqbank only for the mcq portion NOT THE CDM, and only for the sake of online interface and time management

6.100 cases for medical ethics by conrad Fischer/Kaplan

Tips:

1.MCQ: focus on your time management as its way harder in the QE-1 compared to the EE.

2.CDM: focus on the general scope of practice, meaning the exam is dealing with you as a family physician so they want the general stabilization of a patient before the definitive treatment (e.g. IV lines, IV fluids, O2 nasally, NPO, NG decompression, adequate pain medications, relevant investigations such as electrolyte levels and CBC with differential or relevant imaging as erect abdominal X-ray before you write Surgery consultation or referral as in a case of Bowel Obstruction. In other words: be a safe and reliable doctor!

Highly recommended:

1.Tutor IMG course for the CDM portion and Tutor IMG Q and A crash course

2.Tutor IMG mock exam for the MCCQE-1 (MCQ+CDM)
Note: I never did the self assessment on mcc website for QE-1 so I can not comment on them

Best of luck for everyone, please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge :slightly_smiling_face:

p.s. My NAC OSCE scores are not out yet so I prefer to write it’s experience when I get them