My experience about test.important hints regarding MCCQ1 exam

My experience about test.important hints regarding MCCQ1 exam
1-exam is of tow part part one of 210 MCQ time given is 4 hours,second part is CDM cases 38 cases in 3 and half hours there is half hour break between tow part so you should bring your snaks and food although some center offer that for free
2- for part one be careful regarding time managment as you should give 1 minute maximum 1 minute and 10 second/question, don’t drink a lot of water or bevearage befor exam so that you don’t need to go to washroom frequently u need as the time continue to countdown so in part I time is bearly enough to complet it,for part 2 which ids CDM cases they give you 38 questions in 3 and half hour the time issue heris more than enough and even you have time to revised your answers
3- part I is multiple choice questions the style of questions is exactly similer to self administered evaluating questions from MCC some of them are easy and straightfroward others need to find hints in the question itselfe that might lead you to answer,others are difecult and need excellent clinical skills and jugdment but in general most of them are not long writing case ,all reference value are supplied with questions so don’t worry about that.in the same exame evry one have his own version of question for my exam most of questions about 40% ethics,20% obst.&Gyn,15%psychiatry,10%medicine,10%peadiatrics,5% surgery I didn’t get any biostatistis or pure epideniology questions.most of ethic questions dealing with what to do regarding informed consent,breach of confidentiality,canadian rules about minors and deathannouncement,malpractice,negligance offenses,proxy directive and will so you should aware about it especially canadian rules and regulations.I don’t know where to find these b/c there is no specific book or resources to read but you can get it online in ethics I depend on Khans cases of medical ethics,100 case of ethic,and toronto notes actually it help a lot as most of cases are nearly similer to it except for Canadian side.most important thing as I said before for this part is training about time managment it is vital and mandatory.the problem here with this part most of questions are short 3 or 4 lines except few are long so there is no enough info regarding the case so as I said need good clinical skills and intuition need to find hint or word that might lead you to catch the correct answer.good way to practice on that are Canada q bank,U world bank and good one is self administrated evaluating questios from MCC site
4- regarding CDM cases part it consist of 38 cases and each case may ask you one question or multiple questions some of them selection from a given chioces and others you should write it type of question concentrate mostly on differential diagnosis,managment,examinations and treatment option,some of these questions are simple especially to those with good clinical skills and experience others need extra skills in analysis and evaluation.one of these question about emergncy burn case he grovide me percentage of burn and body wt, and ask me to calculate how much fluid I should give to the patient in first 8 hours and type of fluid,othe part of this question ask about best single parameter to sure that the patient recieve suffecient fluid this sample of easy one,sample of diffecult one at least for me regarding case of alzheimer old lady with 9 years h/o alzheimer lived with her husband who take care of her lately she become aggressive and yalling and moaing when she was touched she had h/o DM,HTN on treatment,her husband brought her to clinic and when the nurse try to put her on examin bed she start to yalling and moaing her husbed tell the doctor that he can’t tolerate this any more while his eye tearing,I fell tired and do’nt sleep well so I don’t know what to do any more.here they ask 2 questions one regarding patient give me 5 medical cuases about last changes in patient condition,other part of questions regarding husband,what the man experience now write 3 medical conditions in this questions they didn’t give you any selection it completly writing, So this part are mostly clinical skills there is no specific resource to read for this part but also your clinical skills and judgmentand experience helps alot, CDM cases from canada q bank,self administrated questions help also.in conclusions exam were not easy or diffecult it is mixed and it is completly depend on how much medical and clinical knowledge you have also clinical skills and experience help alot.finally I wish good luck for all and I’m ready to answer any questions regarding exam.