My husband was unwell last week and was taken to A&E

My husband was unwell last week and was taken to A&E. I felt terribly scared and worried. But now that the worst is over, I want to share my experience of going to the hospital as an attendant.

The ambulance arrived in 3 to 4 minutes after I called 999. I did not expect such a quick response. The ambulance crew was absolutely amazing and I felt slightly relieved on their arrival.

He was really unwell, so he was taken straight to Resus where doctors saw him right away without any wait.

I was asked to wait in the waiting area. I am not sure how long I waited. But after a little while, one of the nurses came to see me and took me to my husband, who was now safe and out of danger. I can not express the gratitude I felt for the NHS at this point.

I kept thanking the paramedics, the doctors, the nurses and other staff at the hospital. I also brought sweets and a thank you card for them. I felt a lot of gratitude for all of them who were working hard in the early hours of Sunday morning, compromising their sleep and peace to look after our loved ones.

The care we received was 10/10. And, of course, I still find it amazing that we did not have to pay a single penny at the hospital as care is completely free at the point of delivery in the NHS.