My plab 2 experience!

My plab 2 experience!
Okay so posting it late. It might help you ppl.
I passed my plab 2 last week. It was my first attempt,my exam was on 10th oct i was sure that id fail this exam when i came out of gmc building. As i didnot perfrom acc to my expectations. I was not much confident during exam, confused in most of the stations. Nd i got all those stations in my exam which i hated the most during prep. The only thing i did was i tried to be real, i did everything what i would have done as a doctor in real life. I asked about pts understanding, responded to their queries. And it worked.

Its okay to be anxious as its natrl u cant control it.
Now how to takcle your anxiety, by practicing. You remmeber we used to read in psyc during final year about ocd and panick disorders, exposure and response prevention therapy. Just practice every station, get out of your comfort zone challenge yourself while prepapration. So you ll get over all the fears and anxiety by repeatedly going through the same situation again and again. Whenever you are practicing dont ever think you are practicing any exam station, just have this thing in mind that its a real life scenerio and your friend is actualy the pt. It will help.
Having a good partner is very important, your partner should boost your confidence rather shatter it. Yes its okay to tell where you are wrong but encouragement should be there as well.

Regarding acadmy
Honestly speaking acadmy doesnt matter at all.
It depends you how quickly you understand what gmc want from you. Acadmies are all the same they teach you basic things, that common knowledge and core of every station circulates everywhere among students. So just make a structure of your own. Dont make everything complicated, make everything simple.
Like we memorise everything in the management, every question in the history. Trust me u wont have time for that in exam. If ull keep asking all the questions in exam, and telling about everything in managemnts. Ull fail the station. Most importantly its not about what you say in the exam, its about what you shouldnot say.

My conclusion is, this exam is very much doable, its the stress that makes it difficult. Its the stress that kills you. And obv you need hardwork and luck. Its very subjective exam, examiner will start judging you the moment you enter the cubicle. Its not about how many things uve missed, nd if you remember the script or not, its about how you present yourself, how you interact with the pt, listen to him, as a doctor and how you tackle any particular situation.
There is another aspect of this exam which is not in your control. Its luck. How you can have luck on your side is from the prayers of your parents and patients. Its very very important. Do good deeds, pray to Allah and get prayers from your parents and patients. And do hardwork as well. You will definitely pass :slight_smile:
best of luck to everyone for their exam.