My Step 2 CK experience Self assessments

My Step 2 CK experience:

Self assessments:
Nbme 6 (1 month and 4 days) - 16 mistakes
Nbme 7 (1 month) - 238
Uwsa1 (25 days) - 258
Nbme 8 (20 days) - 235
Uwsa2 (15 days) - 257, New free 120 on the same day - 73%. I was exhausted and wanted to stop taking free 120 exam in between, but kept going anyway. Try testing your stamina before the real exam.

Resources used:
Uworld 1st round, timed and tutor mode - around 73% . I started second round and could solve only 700 questions as my uworld was expiring. Alongwith solving questions, I added my own notes to the all new uworld notes. Just superficially went through what was already given in the notes. Also, checked out amboss notes for very few topics. They are really good but not an absolute necessity ( unless one is aiming for 270+).

After completing uworld, I started reading uworld notes and CMS forms side by side. Honestly, I could only do 2 forms of surgery, 1 peds and 1 from neuro. Neuro form was maybe a little helpful but don’t think CMS forms are very important overall. You can solve it if you have time.

I completed uworld notes once and then had 2-3 days left during which I just revised uworld notes of my weak subjects and few algorithms.

FA step 1 topics - biostat, immunodeficiency disorders ( most important).

Last day before my exam, I just listened to divine podcasts. They are amazing! I wish I had started listening to him earlier. Checkout podcasts 37,97, and 184. Also listen to his immunodeficiency podcast. Had some questions straight out of those podcasts.

Exam - question length is very standard. They are not as long as uwsa. Some vague questions will definitely be present on the exam day. I had 1 or 2 questions based solely on step 1 knowledge.

Post exam feeling - I read experiences where UWSAs overpredicted by 10-15 marks and was quite nervous. I would not have been shocked if I scored in early 240s.

Are nbmes or UWSAs predictive?
I don’t think so. Many, many experiences I read, say against it. Just go in with a neutral mind. Learn as much as you can from the assessments and perform your best on the final day!

I will be happy to answer any question that you may have. Please write it in the comment section so that others can benefit from it too. Please don’t DM as it is difficult to reply to each message.