My story is different but I promised Jesus I will share my experience as it happened

My story is different but I promised Jesus I will share my experience as it happened.

With repeated cancellation of my scheduled step 1 examinations due to Convid 19, I lost hope and gave up on any chance of applying for residency this year. I finally wrote step 1 and had my result late June. In the place of prayer and fasting, I learnt that the deadline for ERAS application was moved from 15 September to 21 October. With a prophetic word, I decided to study for step 2 .

Knowing that my step 2 CK result has to be available before October 21st, I prayed to have a slot before 1st and Jesus mercifully made it available. I took less than 11 weeks of studies from scratch that is, from knowing nothing about the content, length or duration of CK to writing the examination. Many friends advised me against it for being risky but I heard a clearer and louder advice/counsel from Jesus. Jesus told me expressly that he will give speed and confidence. Yes, Jesus gave me speed as I used less than 4weeks to complete 3600+ Uworld questions in my first pass. During this first pass, I made handwritten notes that filled up a 1500+ leaves ledger booklet.

Within the next 3 weeks, I read my handwritten Uworld notes twice and successfully answered all 1000 wrong questions from my first pass; doing my wrongs over and over until I had no wrong question. Also, within these 3 weeks, I did NBME 7, 6, 8 and Uworld 1 with scores of 230,237 ,235 and 252 respectively. These was an added impetus to forge ahead.

I started a second rapid review of Uworld and answered 2000 questions in 2 weeks. I took Uworld2 four days before the exam and had a score of 244. I was a little disappointed and went on a three days dry fast; no food and no water. These heightened my sensitivity enabling me to rapidly see 1600 questions in 3days.

I didn’t study the day before exam but prayed and thanked Jesus for success.

I was very calm on exam day before I knew Jesus went ahead of me to make all rough path straight. Exam was more like Uworld though technical and more lengthy question stem. Time can be a factor, work on time management .

As an IMG, less than 11 weeks of total preparation with a score 254 makes me affirm what the Bible says “ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”

Maybe my message is not for you or you had a 260+ by your strength, mine is not by my strength but from the River that never runs dry (Jesus).