One of the question I get is whether to apply for jobs

One of the question I get is whether to apply for jobs or not where you dont satisfy the selection criteria completely? I believe we should try our luck in some realistic limits. You need to ask yourself different questions about how far are you from satisfying the criteria? If you think you will be able to satisfy it like in next 6-12 months, go for it like you will get general registration in next 6 months or so. Even if you are not able to satisfy it completely but it is a junior post, I still encourage people to apply. The reason for that is may be none of the candidates applying for that post have satisfied the criteria, and thus they will have to choose someone from that pool (none of whom has satisfied the criteria). Some places in Australia are not in demand, so people who already have jobs dont bother applying there. Another advantage of that is your CV keeps rotating in the pool and the recruiters come to know that you are one of the people actively seeking job. I will not recommend people to be unrealistic in this, applying for a consultant post when you are just a junior doctor is absolutely not worth it. It will waste your time and energy. At the end it all depends upon how much time and effort you are ready to put in, remember Australia is becoming saturated and thus you have to go and find the job, job will not come to you straight away. Good luck.