Passed PLAB 1, Score 122 (2nd attempt)

Jai Shree Ram! :triangular_flag_on_post:

Passed PLAB 1, Score 122 (2nd attempt)

My Experience

IELTS : Took that during my house job and got the required score in my 1st attempt

Went on and booked PLAB 1, June 2019 and took Swamy’s Long Course Online for 21 Days with 6 Mocks (Feb 2019 Batch)

Results : Failed Miserably, Scored 103
Mistake : Did not solve PLABABLE Questions and repeated Swamy Questions 2-3x

I didn’t lose hope, I booked November slot immediately
The problem I dealt with was trusting the course completely. There were a few doctors who didnt teach that well unfortunately, and a few who were actually preparing for their PLAB 2, which means they just recently in November 2018 completed PLAB 1. I also realised i ended up mugging Swamy’s questions and answers so i won’t blame him for that, there were people who passed with Swamy’s course too but the solved plabable with it.
However, I rectified my mistake and solved Plabable this time.

Next Preparation:
Time: 8 weeks approx
Source: Solved Plabable once category wise and read through plab1keys superficially which was helpful

Did 10 mocks from Plabable and scored 66-76% only with 1 hr to spare
Solved their Big Mock in October and scored 123/180 in that which was again on the borderline

November Exam:
Lets be honest, If you’re thinking its gonna be a direct copy paste from Plabable then you’re an Idiot! sorry​:tipping_hand_man:t2::joy:
Its gonna be close to it and the GMCs gonna trick you with their questions, the questions were straight forward and doable, not very long as people exaggerated
Completed the exam with 7-8 mins left

Result : PASS (122/180)
117 was the Passing score
116 was the Average score

Tips:
Your mock Scores don’t determine your results and there’s absolutely no point in solving the same source 3x 4x you’re just gonna end up mugging up the whole thing which is pointless again. There are people who score 80-90% on mocks but still fail, it’s the same god damn question you’re answering isnt it? you’re bound to score well on mocks then. Try to broaden your preparation by solving other questions instead if you got the time (I didnt have enough time for that unfortunately)
Please don’t mug up and try to learn the concepts well. Not all 180 questions are gonna be from Plabable but most of them are close to it and use the concepts they teach, its the best source by far!

I’d Highly recommend Plab1Keys to those who are as lazy as I am for making self notes :joy: its a copy paste of Plabable’s explaination in a better format, everything’s written well there ,so saves time

Those who didn’t clear this time, Don’t lose hope I’ve been there too, it happens, we are humans and we make mistakes, don’t go too hard on yourselves. Its not something that’ll pull you away from your goal, it’s only something that’ll just delay it by a few months​:blush: stay strong! Cheers :beers: