Preterm laborPassed! Thank god! And thank you dear group who I've been following for the past year

Passed!!! Thank god! And thank you dear group who I’ve been following for the past year. Has been one hell of a journey!!!

Bye Bye usmle!!

My experience: Please do not think this is the way to go. You have to know your capacity and acumen. I gauged mine and hence decided the time i needed to commit.

Also, I did not need a ‘score’ as I am not applying for match. I did radiology residency from India and hence do not need to repeat. There is an alternate pathway for radiologists, I need 4 years fellowship and then eligible to take the boards.

I finished med school in India in 2005 and residency in 2007 and was practising radiology for 5 years b4 moving to USA. Have not had any clinical experience in the past 4 years, radiology or otherwise.

Step 1: May 2018 Score 211

Step 2: CK Feb 2019 Score 237

Step 2 Cs: May 2019

Step 3: Nov 2019 Score 216

UWSA 1 (4 days b4 exam): Failed, 190, but had no option of postponing due to personal reasons

UWSA 2 (2 days b4 exam): 217

I know some people would not believe the timeline, but its genuine. I have no interest in taking exams at the age of 37, and waste my time, but since my husband decided to move to USA after practising radiology in India for 7 years, I had to take the steps too. And that’s why I had no inclination and did not want to work hard.

Time to prep: 2 months

Only Uworld, nothing else. Could revise only 1/3.

I know this is not an ideal experience, but with a full time job in research and a 6 years old kid, this is all i can do.

I think Uworld prepares you well for CCS, no need for anything else, coz i believe everyone just needs a pass for step 3.

What Uworld doesn’t prepare you for is the day 1, there are quite a few pharmacokinetics, drug MOA and micro questions that are like step 1. there were no such questions in uworld qbank for step 3. It would be great if you can do those from first aid or elsewhere. i did not.

Also, I did a 6 weeks summer program in epidemiology and biostatistics and probably that helped immensely with the biostats part.

I hope this helps. Happy to answer questions in comments below. I do not use messenger consistently so you may get delayed reply there.

Good luck everyone!!!