Privation of joint is
According to Section 320 of IPC, the following kinds of hurt only are designated as “grievous hurt”.
• Firstly – emasculation
• Secondly – permanent privation of the sight of either eye
• Thirdly – permanent privation of the hearing of either ear
• Fourthly – privation of member or joint
• Fifthly – destruction or permanent impairing of the powers of any member or joint
• Sixthly – Permanent disfiguration of the head or face
• Seventhly – fracture or dislocation of a bone or tooth
• Eighthly – any hurt which endangers life or which causes the sufferer to be during the space of twenty days in severe bodily pain or unable to follow his ordinary pursuits.