RESOURCES USED step 2 ck uw + step 3 uw biostat + CMS peads and gynae + NBME 6, 7 & 8

RESOURCES USED : step 2 ck uw + step 3 uw biostat + CMS peads and gynae + NBME 6, 7 & 8.

TIME: 7-8months with full time job, (from July to March) but exam got cancelled just 1 day before my exam day. Then cancelled again and again with no hope to be able to take my exam before this year application submission. But the things got better at the end and centres got opened in month of august (5th) and I immediately booked my exam date (19th August).

Study pattern: started with online UW and finished it in 6-7months. I was very slow because of my busy schedule. Did NBME 6 offline when my 1st uw read with almost 65% and got 13 mistakes, then NBME 7 at 75%uw 1st read and got some 27 mistakes. NBME 7 was very obscured and I don’t recommend it. Then I take NBME 8 at almost 90% 1st read of UW and got 14 mistakes. Finished my 1st read of UW with 82% correct answers. After this I took my UWSA1 and got 273 (I was very happy after my this assessment as it was online with exam like simulation). Then did the wrong questions and took my UWSA2 and scored 269 and my this assessment was 10 days before my exam date. I was ready to take my exam but just 1 day before my exam day when I was on my way to another city where the prometric centre is located that I received a call that your exam had been cancelled. I couldn’t believed that but what I could do at that time?. This was mid of March and then my exam appointment cancelled multiple times till end of July. My study and routine got disturbed that even I didn’t went through a single question of UW till mid of July. I only did CMS peads and gynae during this 4 months. When centres opened and the exams were conducted from 5th August, I selected 19th August and started doing UW random timed mode blocks (3 to 4 blocks a day) and I was only able to finish 30% of UW in 2nd read. Note: my 1st read of UW was tutored mode and untimed and systemic.

Suggestion: UW step 2 ck is the gold standard resource for CK exam. Step 3 uw biostat is very good to understand the Drug ads. NBMEs 6 & 8 are good for practice and rough estimation of your preparation. I recommend to take assessments well in time, don’t leave the assessments to the end.

Believe in yourselves and learn the UW (not necessary to memorize each and everything there in UW). Wish you all best of luck and remember me in yours best wishes.

Thanks!!!