So after a long long long time i'm pleased to announce my score

so after a long long long time i’m pleased to announce my score …Alhumdulliah…most of u probably know me.

so this post is going to be a little different because honestly experience wise i did everything that the other people post but i want u all to know that everyone is different ,everyone has their own strategy dont compare urself with someone else in this group.u have ur own path u need to follow.

i want all of you who have started or in the middle or whatever to know that it is possible!! if a dumb dumb like me can do it than you surely can!

first of all have realistic expectations not everyone can score 260.

I’M GOING TO BUST A FEW MYTHS HERE

MYTH 1 NUMBER OF READS:

start with first aid and uworld early on don’t care about the percentage u r getting just learn AND MAKE CONCEPTS…in the 1st read keep in ur mind that u have to be thorough in this read u might not have time to do 2nd read(like me) I DID ONLY ONCE. first aid literally did 2 times ,so all of you who are scared, like i was that i can’t score above 230 without reading it at least 5 times, know that even reading it one time but really thoroughly can make a difference

MYTH 2 KAPLAN IS NOT GOOD:

I started with kaplan and to all those people who weren’t good students like me i recommend do this book but read it like i said about uworld one time and thoroughly,i def think it helped me develop a good base

MYTH 3 U NEED A STUDY PARTNER!

i know alot of people will contradict this but not everyones experience is the same honestly i studied with 2 study partners and both of them wasted my time big time.i didn;t even remember what we studied together …so if u find someone good thats great for u just know u dont neeeeddd someone to score good or atleast get a similar score as me ;p if u r satisfied with getting a similar score like me that is :stuck_out_tongue:

MYTH 4 NBME 18 IS SUPER PREDICTIVE:

did UWSA1 cheated in a few questions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: got 245 haha don’t put ur books real close to you during these assessments i mean i cant resist temptation :stuck_out_tongue:

did nbme 13,15,.16,.17 all of them ranged between 220-230 all of them i did 2 months before .each i took a week apart and that is important in the last month try to evaluate ur progress dont get frustrated but do understand that something i did is not working and work to correct that

SO DID NBME 18 10 days before exam and by this time i had hopes got only 230 i was really frustrated becuase i thought in real deal u go backwards rather than forwards ,for me uwsa2 was spot on 247 but did it 3 days before my exam by this time i was done and hopeless about these assessments and wasted alot of time

ANOTHER THING also i dont see alot of people mentioning this but i took AN extension which was another blow for me…DONT LET IT BOTHER YOU BECAUSE THE END RESULT IS WHAT MATTERS.IM mentioning because i got so depressed i wasted a month in sulking.keep in mind if u r taking an extension its not the end of the world.

MYTH 5 U NEED TO MEMORISE FA this certianly was the only thing that was on my mind during my exam i was really on edge becuase i didnt cramm first aid like most people do…i just made concepts and u should do work on them and use uworld for this purpose dont half ass it…

in the end i would like to thank u all for being a part of this special journey if mine…THIS IS UR JOURNEY SEE WHAT WORKS FOR U EARLY BUT EVEN LATER KNOW THAT U CANT COMPETE WITHH ANYONE U DO U :smiley: ALSO EVERYONE FEELS STUPID during step1 preparation u just dont let it stop u or hold u back :wink:

wish me luck for CK guys