So I hope I came to the right group. Has anyone experienced this?

So I hope I came to the right group. Has anyone experienced this? My son is 4 and a couple months ago he complained that inside his ear canal and outter ear was itchy then it would hurt because of how much he would try scratching it. I took him in and they said he had no sign of ear infection and maybe his ears were dry and to apply aquaphor. That didn’t work but his itchiness eventually went away after a couple weeks. Now it’s back again he has an appointment again in 2 days.

Sounds like a good intolerance or allergy to me

dr did Mention maybe allergies and I’ve been giving him allergy medicine and still isn’t doing nothing for him.

I’ve experienced this, usually when I use my headphones a lot, and it has responded to a bit of petroleum jelly. However when it didn’t, Eucrisa or Mometasone (steroid), both prescription ointments knocked it out. But the doctor can tell you the right one for your son.
My sister inlaw was dealing with this recently too. Doctor said its because of how bad everyone’s allergies are right now.

I found relief using skin care products designed for psoriasis, eczema, and seborrheic dermatitis from dermisepitome .com