So I joined AMU a couple of months ago as I needed some experience

So I joined AMU a couple of months ago as I needed some experience in medicine before I apply for IMT. I was on the on call rota untill now.

Now the new rota has come as the new trainees join the department and I have been told that they are full for on calls and I would only be doing normal 8-4 shifts.

Now I am not sure whether to be happy about this or not as on one hand it is a good that I wouldn’t have to work on nights and weekends. And also it could be like a break before I get into training next year.

But at the same time I would be paid much less as compared to before. And I may not get as much experience as you get on oncalls.

• how should I take it based on your experience should I insist them on putting me on-calls and if not switch to a different job as I feel like I am not needed here anymore

Or should I be happy about it and accept it as it is and do locums on weekends to compensate for the reduced salary.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this as I am really confused right now.