So I want to just give my opinion on everyone saying just memorise plabable

So I want to just give my opinion on everyone saying just memorise plabable the exam was copy paste from it, they’re only semi correct. From yesterday’s exam, I’d say only about 20-30 questions were copy pasted and about 50-60 more were influenced by it but changed significantly enough for the answers to be different. A prime example and the one which you can understand what I’m talking about is below. So we got a lidocaine measurement question but it was .5% rather than 1% as in this question and the max dose was 3mg/kg rather than 4 in this question. So if you memorised the answer or remembered it was around 15 ml, you’d have gotten it wrong. but if you had understood the concept that 1% means 1 gram in 100 ml or whatever then the question was basic mathematics. So yes plabable is useful but the exam is not exactly copy paste, learn the concepts please not the questions. I still say as I said once that passmedicine is better for concept learning. The questions are more nuanced and the explanations are significantly better to help learn the concepts, albeit 10 times harder than the exam itself. But you would be silly not to do plabable too since the format is basically the same as the real thing and the question difficulty is the same too so you know exactly what to expect. I didn’t do 1700 because I heard it’s out of date and the keys are wrong so I can’t comment on that. But I had 3 weeks to study for it and spent the first 10 days on passmedicine to relearn the things I’d forgotten from med school and the last 10 days doing a mock a day from plabable which covers all of their questions and thought this to be a great learning tool.

So in short, please understand concepts don’t memorise answers because a good chunk of the questions were changed just enough for the answer to be different to the ones on the site.