Step 1: 235 UWSA 1 (back in Feb): 252

Hey everyone. So I had gotten my score way back but was really occupied with OET and other stuff and to be honest wasnt really thrilled with my score because my UWSAs overpredicted for me but I have come to terms with it. This group has helped me tremendously so I want to give it back to people who maybe struggling like me. So here goes.

Step 1: 235
UWSA 1 (back in Feb): 252
NBME 7 online 3 weeks before my exam : 225 (41 mistakes)
UWSA 2 2 weeks before exam: 260
new free 120 2 days before exam: 77% ( do this you’l have an idea about the vague nature of the exam)
Real Deal : 245

I started preparing in July 2019 with UW online only. Did the first round and scored 65% (dont be disheartened with your uw score it doesnt mean shit ). Took about 5 months to complete it. I have a pathetic memory and poor recall so I did make notes and used anki heavily but the only thing that did help me was doing questions back to back. I reset my UW and did my second time and scored around 83%. Then i took my UWSA 1. Then came the COVID crisis and my exam got delayed and after getting cancelled for 6 times i stopped caring and kinda left studying for a while. I did, however, do CMS forms (form 5 and 6) which are okayish in my opinion but not an absolute necessity if you are a little tight on time. Also tried a few blocks of AMBOSS and it wasnt worth it. Then I did Gyne, Infectious Disease and Biostats sections from step 3.

A month out and i did a third round of uw (basically marked all the questions from UW) and did them back to back to build my stamina. Sitting for longer hours was a huge pain for me so I practiced doing that by doing back to back blocks. Finished around 70 pc UW with 88%.

Last few days I revised some vaccine and screening charts, quickly went over step 1 biostats and glycogen and lysosomal storage disease and immuno section from FA step 1.

The day of exam the questions were a mix of vague and absurd and doable questions with some questions being veryy long and some being okayish length. I did not have any time issues per se but the exam is vague and you should pat yourself on the back for being done with it.

I dont mean to humble brag or show off when I say I am not happy with my score because I know alot of people would kill for this. Its just that I was hoping to hit a 250 to maybe increase my chances of getting matched as an IMG without CS and my assessments did make me assume I will be above 250 but I am really glad to be done with it.

Please feel free to ask me anything specifically or inbox me. i would be glad if I could be of any help to anyone.