Step 1- 247 I am from Bangladesh

Alhamdulillah

Step 1- 247

I am from Bangladesh.

I want to share my experience because i learned a lot from this group and its time to share some information about preparation.

My resources:

For all subjects- UW and FA

Physiology- BRS rapid review, UW

Anatomy- shelf notes and dr white neuroanatomy, UW

Biochemistry- UW

Pharma- UW

Patho- pathoma, UW

Micro and immuno- Only Fa and UW

Ethics- 100 cases, BRS behavioral science, BNB

Biostat- UW review, UW, step 2 biostat, BNB

After uw online, i took nbme 5 offline and got 213 by multiplying with 1.39. After thorough study of FA and mistakes of UW questions, i took other nbmes

NBME 15- 243 offline
NBME 16- 236 offline
NBME 17-227 online
NBME 18- 242 Online
NBME 19- 236 online
UWSA1- 249
UWSA2- 247

Real deal is 247 like UWSA2

From my point of view-

If you skip whole kaplan series wtih both lecture notes and videos, its nothing to do to your score, i think kaplan is totally a time consuming project. You can skip it if you want.

Before my exam, i watched BNB lectures for my weak areas and it helped me a lot.

I was weak in biostat amd ethics. I tried to overcome these rubbish topics, i read UW review at least 5 times and UW online 2/3 times, BNB lectures and BRS behavioral science. I advice to read BRS for ethics, specially practice questions after every chapter if you don’t have enough time.

Pls don’t skip any high yield topics without clear conception. They love to test you on your weak point. So, make a clear knowledge by any means in your particular weak area if you need.

Suppose, i was particularly weak in CVS and respiratory physiology. For these stupid topics, i read BRS for at least 3 times, BNB, and many other sources. Again my point, you must clear your conception by any means.

My pit falls :

I spend a lot of time on kaplan, and becker biochemistry( by Raymon), its totally unnecessary, you can skip this.

As i am from bangladesh, I had to face some family issues and for this, i have to get prepared for our post-graduation exam and got chance here in BSMMU( Our number 1 hospital). At least one week needed for this preparation. I also prepared myself for BCS exam, ours government job exam for doctors( bangladeshi people know about this exam) and consumed at least 3 weeks for this. I also did job in a hospital for 48 hours and sometimes 24 hours in a week, this has also killed my time.

From 2nd march, i started my post-graduate training in BSMMU, got stucked here from 8 am to 3 pm, then go to library for usmle study and studied upto 10pm. This 8 am to 3pm schedule killed my valuable time. Bangladeshi people also knows about this training.

Advice:

Don’t worry about your exam day. Pls go to bed earlier than 10 pm.

Must needed resources are UW, FA, Pathoma(at least one time within last one month), BRS phsio and behavioral science, BNB videos in your weak areas. If you are weak in a particular area again and again, then go to step 2 uw questions for these.

If you can see the first 3 chapters of pathoma on previous day of exam, it may boost up your score at least 3 to 5 points.

Any questions are appreciated. My post-grad exam is at the end of this month, so some delay may occur, pls don’t mind. I will respond to all the questions if you have.

Before my exam, i have selected 90 high yield topics and read it from FA with UW notes and it boost up my score.

I will write about clearcut distinction on “100 confusing topics” after just 2 weeks which are very very high yield and very much complex but nbme board love to test you about these topics. So, you may follow my id or send me friend request. Thanks.

Sabit’s creativity