Still grappling with reality, I had to take a moment to share with the world what a wonderful man this world has lost

Still grappling with reality, I had to take a moment to share with the world what a wonderful man this world has lost.

Seeing all the medical fraternity pages mourn his loss, we are so blessed that he has managed to touch so many lives in these 62 years.
Enough and more has been said about his professional life but as a husband and a father he set the bar so high that I don’t think anyone can match upto it.

Prof Chandramohan, my DADA, my EVERYTHING

He literally lived for others and all his life, he just kept giving, giving and giving some more. Anyone can call him at 2 am for any help and he will do it right at that moment. I’ve always wondered how he used to go out of his way to help people.

Married the girl of his dreams- they have literally been #couplegoals. I have always wondered what a beautiful bond of mutual respect and admiration they shared, never ever giving up on one another even to their own daughters! In these 31 years of their married life all I have seen is so much love and that’s all I have ever wanted for myself in life. Appu and me have often joked about Dada asking ‘Where is mumma da?’ One million times a day even when we were all at home. She needed to be in his vicinity all the time. He needed her more than even us at times.

Singing lullabies to me, my sister, my first daughter and even till few days back my second one - his favourite song used to be ‘thenpandi seemayile’ from Nayagan. ‘Azhudha manasu thaangadhe’ in his voice… continues to ring in my ears…

All he ever wanted from his children was that we should be happy, he couldn’t tolerate the sight of us crying

He let me pursue my dreams, my passion for dance - gave me such a beautiful arangetram that people remember till this day.

However busy he was - Saturday night dinners he would take us out and weekends were strictly for family.

He saved up to make sure he took us on an international trip every year and loved going to beach resorts

He took off completely from his busy schedule to stay with me as I prepared for my Tamilnadu entrance examination so that I get my pediatrics seat. He wanted it more than me so that I don’t get upset

All I have gifted him was a son- in Jaya Nivash whom he was so so fond of. He gave us such a beautiful reception even though Chennai was completely flooded, he had such a warm and welcoming smile as he stood those 8 hours on stage

I have been lucky in a way that even after marriage I got to see him every single day over these past five years.
Following the arrival of Adhvika and watching him as a grandparent was such a joyful period, he loved her to bits and Adhvi had taken all of our places.

Knowing how much I love biriyani- up until the day before he left us, he made sure I had my Sunday afternoon biriyani even in this lock down

Fit as a fiddle, he followed the principle ‘Eat food as your medicine, otherwise medicine will be your food’. Always walking 10,000 steps everyday. No one can believe that he would suffer a heart attack.

Having stopped consultations and surgeries for the past three months had taken a toll on him, in ways we wouldn’t even know.

His last words were ‘iniku zoom la online class eduka mudiyathu sir, sollidunga’

His little heart gave way in the wee hours of July 6th and he breathed his last in the arms of my mother…
I am sure that’s how you’d have it Dada if you were given another chance.

I won’t ask for another ten years, or 5 years with you, it’s never going to be enough… just one minute to hug you- and thank you for everything you have been and done. I know you cannot ‘rest’ in peace in heaven you are probably doing your 10,000 steps there!
My dear dear handsome Dada - I love you so much. Just wish I can hear you call me ‘Thangam’… JUST ONE LAST TIME…
See you on the other side Dada