Thanks to Allah i m finally sharing my success story

Thanks to Allah i m finally sharing my success story
Posted here many times to vent when i wasn’t getting a job but today i can say that

I have been offered a job and i also had a successful visa application and soon i will leave for uk

Thanks to the many seniors here who have been generous and so cooperative when i needed their advice. Its been because of you all that today i can say that i will work in the NHS in sha Allah.

I would like to share my experience with job applications:
Got GMC registration back in January but due to some reasons didnt apply for jobs till march end. I had no idea at first how to write an NHS profile but when i started it took a lot of hard work. Read blogs about it and also roadtouk videos.

My luck shined when i was called for two interviews in my first 6 applications. But honestly i didn’t know how interviews go and i wasn’t well prepared
My first interview was horrible :sweat_smile: went blank and couldn’t diagnose one of the most common conditions i.e DKA( i have never been good at vivas in uni)
many ppl share their experience of getting a job in their first interview but it wasn’t so for me, in fact i know many ppl who even went through 7-8 interviews to get an offer.
So yeah interviews are an all together different thing.
2nd interview : i was so good that during the interview i was told that they liked talking to me a lot but soon i got an email that another candidate scored a “little” higher and i didnt make it.

This experience demoralized me so much that i stopped applying for another month. Took a lot of courage to go back to applications again.

2 months later the same vacancy as the 2nd interview came up and they called me again for the same interview. But again it didn’t work.
Call it bad luck or what but i had high expectations from this one.

4th interview: was for a psychiatry one and believe me i never read psychiatry with so much passion even in my uni :sweat_smile: just to end up with a cancelled interview last minute. Yes it was very frustrating.

5th interview: This is where I was offered the job. The difference in my preparation this time was that i practiced mock interview online with another girl and sharpened my skills. I realized i was making many mistakes which i improved on and was finally offered a job. Thanks to Allah.

This is what i read : interview skills book by oliver picard and oxford handbook of foundation program

Highlights of my CV:

1. approx 2 years of experience
  2. two clinical attachments with one audit

To conclude: there will be a lot of frustration and anger at this stage of job applications. This is the unknown step 3 of plab journey. There will be ppl who will get gmc after you and may still get jobs before u. Clinical attachments are very beneficial but that doesn’t mean u will get a clear door of entrance. Keep upgarding your profile which helped me a lot. Get reviews from others and constantly evolve your profile.
Hold on and pray and in sha Allah u will get there.