Thanks to this group! Cleared OET in first attempt Alhamdulillah

Thanks to this group!
Cleared OET in first attempt Alhamdulillah

Listening 450
Reading 400
Writing 390
Speaking 380

Guidance regarding OET!
First, OET is now acceptable for everything including PLAB, GMC registration and Tier 2 visa except FY1.

Many ask about IELTS vs OET. So I would suggest go for OET as it is difficult but it’s more doable if you work hard for 40 days with proper guidance and standard materials.

Ielts is way too general in its approach so you will have to study alot of things while for OET you just have to prepare specific vocabulary, tenses and structures.

Time required!
If you have already taken ielts then 3 to 6 weeks are enough to prepare for OET depends on your situation, minimum 6 to 8 hours are required daily in which you could do 1 listening test daily, 2 reading tests and 1 or 2 letters along with speaking 2 role play cards, otherwise, 2 months are recommended. Don’t listen to people that OET is easy. It is easy indeed if you prepare well and work hard. Nothing is achievable unless you pay a price for it.

Materials to use!

OET is just 2 years old test so you won’t find alot of stuff. There is a Google drive in which you will have around 31 Listening tests, 25 reading tests with some writing samples. Other than that, you could watch JAY VIDEOS which is the premium providers of OET and THE BEST ONE would be MASTERCLASS VIDEOS ON OET OFFICIAL PAGE along with 2 samples each for all the four modules.

For Listening: just watch videos and then practice as much as you CAN.
IMPORTANT POINT : LISTENING IS MORE TOUGHER THAN IELTS. IN OET you have to score high in Part A in which you will have to do 24 blanks in just 10 mints. So you should be fast enough to listen and write at the same time.

Reading: Read passages fast enough to get an idea and then underline important points. Two skills are important, SCANNING AND SWIMMING. PRACTICE IS THE KEY!!! Reading part A is also very tough. You will have to read 4 passages and answer 20 questions in 15 mints time, therefore, practice and time management is the Key!!!

Writing :

Jay videos are best along with OET ONLINE videos which you will find on YOUTUBE.

Read benchmark evaluated letters of GRADE A AND B thoroughly. The more you will read letters, the more you will be confident enough to write a good letter.

Apart from this, you need to read 50 STADARD SAMPLES which have Referal letters, discharge letters and transfer letters on neurology patients, cardio patients, gyne patients, psychiatry patients and so on.

Also, you could read 2 STANDARD SAMPLES ON OET OFFICIAL PAGE and these will give you an idea of how to write a proper Letter.

Speaking : Just learn some specific sentences by heart which are important to speak in different situations like what to speak when to reassure a patient, what to speak when to show sympathy and how to break a bad news. After learning these sentences, do 1 or 2 role play cards daily with someone who is also preparing for OET. You will take a role of doctor while your friend can act as a patient and then switch your roles in another role play card’s practice. Keep practicing!!!

There is a file by the name MAWRA NOTES… Which are very important as it has played a huge role in acing writing part of OET.
These notes have all the important points which usually candidates need to prepare well.

How to use the materials:

Look!! This is not all.

You will find alot of stuff on YouTube and Facebook as well.

Im gonna share a Google drive in which there are 31 listening tests and 24 reading tests along with letters and speaking role play cards.

So first you have to watch 4 masterclass videos on OET OFFICIAL PAGE or even on YouTube.

Then watch E2 LANGUAGE JAY Videos. After that go to oet official page and you will find 2 standard samples for Listening, Reading, writing and speaking so practice all those to get an idea of where you stand. If you score 30 + in Listening and reading. This means you are good to go.

After that, keep practicing 1 listening test daily along with 2 reading tests and writing 2 letters. In addition, speak role play cards with someone who is appearing in OET.

For letters evaluation, best correction service is BENCHMARK!

THEY WILL CHECK 8 LETTERS FOR 40 US Dollars.

They will point out your mistakes, tell you how to improve and grade you accordingly.

About expenses :

It depends which place you choose.

I chose dubai and went all alone.

Dubai has 4 test centres. One is in abu dhabi while 3 are in Dubai. All centres have HEADPHONES for listening so don’t fall for a trap that there would be some difference in passing rate of these centres. It depends on your efforts and hard work!!

Ticket to Dubai varies from 55K Airblue, around 60K plus PIA to 70K emirates.

Visa fee for 1 month is around 15K

Test fee is 587 Australian dollars which is almost 65K PKR nowadays

Benchmark evaluation for 8 letters would cost you 40 US dollars around 7 to 8 K PKR.
Rest is upto you that how you spend money in Dubai. I spent 1700 Dirhams in just 6 days because I was alone and transport is very expensive so I had to move from sharjah to Dubai everyday.

I hope, I have explained enough. Still, you have some queries, feel free to contact me.

God bless you all.

Never mind for spelling mistakes as I have been using cell to write this post.
Thanks