These are my suggestions regarding corona virus disease

These are my suggestions regarding corona virus disease and I am trying to convey this to government officials so they can act in timely manner. I request you to share ahead so that this reaches higher authorities

In current scenario, with our limited resources , mortality due to corona virus infection could be much higher than 3 % which was observed in China. In my opinion, limited lock down for 2-3 weeks is essential to tackle this situation . These are few suggestions for limited lockdown

All Malls, shops, hotels, restaurants, parks, picnic points, except grocery / kryana / ration and pharmacy should be closed

Closure of cinemas, educational institutions ( already done ) gyms , entertainment and tourist places

Only take away facility available at restaurants

Limited public transport availability for essential businesses / staff/ urgent matters of public.

Essential services should be available. Law enforcement personnel, doctors , nurses , paramedics , essential admin staff to continue to provide their services .

Essential businesses/ offices can provide letter/ identification cards to their employees so they can commute.

Police and Rangers / military can ensure that people are not unnecessarily going out

Poor people should be provided ration in their homes and there should be Such verified and dedicated team

There is no perfect strategy, people may still cry, they can complain but we have to act as we are already late. There will be issues but they can be addressed as situation evolves. Timely decision is important

Dr. Shahzad Siddique is Program Director of Department of Medicine and he is Associate Professor of Medicine at Shifa International Hospital / Shifa College of Medicine. He is American board certified and he did his post graduate training from America .