This is for all those who are contemplating quitting

This is for all those who are contemplating quitting. I was in your place a while ago and I decided to quit. I took the easy route and joined residency in my home country. There were various reasons for this decision like family issues etc. But I’ll cut the slack and tell you that I gave up.

Things were hard and a lot of pressure was upon me. I could have done it but I gave up. Not a single day goes by without feeling regret. I had the chance in my hands. I put a lot of effort and just one hurdle, I gave it all up. Every day when I go to bed, the sense of regret comes gushing down. I have nightmares. Sometimes I feel I should just start my preparation again but I’m trapped at this point with my residency and family. Seems like all my doors are closed.

If you’re thinking of giving up, remember your dreams of being a kick-ass physician in the USA. Do you want to be mediocre or do you want to be the best? It all comes down to what you choose. When running a marthon, you can decide to stop and quit in the middle but if you keep pushing through the pain and finish it, that’s the best happiness. So don’t give up. Show the world how much you want it.

I’m trying to slowly move on though. As a part of my residency, I get to teach undergrads at My University and nothing gives me more pleasure than teaching them in a USMLE concept oriented manner and trying to motivate them to take up the USMLE exams. If anyone of you need a support system emotionally, note that I’m always here for you guys. Go for it and rock those exams. Peace