This is my sister Amulya C Gowda

This is my sister Amulya C Gowda (first cousin to be precise). Sheโ€™s a Doctor and she treats COVID-19 patients at ๐—ž๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ฑ๐—ฎ ๐—œ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐˜๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐— ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฆ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€ (๐—ž๐—œ๐— ๐—ฆ), ๐—•๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜‚. Sheโ€™s a frontline worker and she risks her life every single day. Last week she raised an alarm about faulty ppe kits and shortage of N-95 masks. But the Administrative Medical Officer (AMO) at KIMS, shunned and chastised her for raising this issue and since then sheโ€™s been buying her own N-95 masks. Today, she tested positive for COVID-19 and she appealed to the Hospital authorities and raised her genuine concerns over the faulty protective gears, but she was again harassed and humiliated for raising the issue. This isnโ€™t just about my sister, many doctors at KIMS and doctors all around the country are facing harsh backlash from the management and government officials.
This is the plight of the doctors in our country. We as a system have failed the doctors. The least that we can do is arm them with fully functional protective gear. In these trying times, I do not want to blame a particular government or a politician. This is upon us and our leaders have failed the doctors.
Itโ€™s high time that our Netas and Babus did something about this. Clapping and showering flowers isnโ€™t going to serve purpose. Sooner or later, we wonโ€™t have enough doctors to treat COVID-19 patients if the authorities do not address this issue at the earliest.