This morning I decided to go to NHS jobs and see for myself how many vacancies there are in the NHS right now

Hi. This morning I decided to go to NHS jobs and see for myself how many vacancies there are in the NHS right now. I found 186 jobs. Read again - 186 right now, with more posted almost everyday.

There were skeptical posts yesterday regarding 600 applications for a single job. 400 of those might be waiting for PLAB 2, 50-80 awaiting GMC registration. Even if we ignore these facts and consider all these 600 to be say fully GMC registered with Licence, it only means that there is a total back log of around 600 IMGs. There wont be further PLAB 2 results before September and 2-3000 vacancies are expected as people leave non training jobs to enter Training. Few people posting yesterday have had interview calls, of course they didn’t mention this in their posts.

I have been reviewing NHS profiles in the past weeks (NOTE: Not reviewing profiles now but still available if you have a query). Those not getting interview calls either have huge clinical gaps, mistakes in profiles, applying for very few jobs, awaiting GMC registration or recently registered with GMC say within 2 months. I do agree that the competition is higher than 2017 and 2018 when we used to have recruitment agents waiting for IMGs at PLAB 2 academies but there are still so many opportunities available.

I will be making another post where I have listed 33 jobs that are due to close today or tomorrow. Apply for them. I’ll be posting jobs whenever I get time. What I used to do was to add all jobs to my favorites, sort them by “Closing date - ascending” and then apply for jobs closing today first and then other jobs as much as possible.

Also attached below is my NHS profile as a sample for a job that I applied at Kings College. Please note that this is just to help and not a standard by any means. Thank-you!