To God be the glory I passed!

To God be the glory I passed!!! I wanted to post my experience in case someone might find it helpful. This exam definitely is not easy, but have faith, believe that you can do it, work hard and it’ll pay off!

Study Time: 4 months

Study Resources: UW, Amboss Qbank, CCSscases.com, MTB Step 3, FA Step 1, Fred CCS cases

Exam Dates: Sept 2 and Sept 4

Self Assessments: NBME 5 (1 month before exam)– 340

UWSA1 (2 weeks before exam)– 213

UWSA2 (5 days before exam)– 227

REAL DEAL: 227

Day 1: Like everyone has said, was heavy on biostats. I had about 2 ad questions per block with 2-3 sub questions and guessed on a lot of them. The calculation questions were pretty straight forward though. In terms of step 1 material, there were a few genetics, micro and pharm questions so I would make sure to at least review those topics

Day 2: I had a lot of next step in management/diagnosis and prognosis type questions. The CCS cases, weren’t too bad, but time flies especially on the 10 min cases because of the lag, so just do the essentials and don’t worry too much about little things like vaccines and screening unless of course it’s directly relevant to your case. I think that practicing with a 2 sec lag on CCScases should be helpful

Thank you to the group as well. The discussions and resources were so useful! I hope this helps someone and please let me know if you have any questions! And last but not least goodbye USMLE!!!