UWSA1: 225 (5 days before exam)

UWSA1: 225 (5 days before exam)
Step 3: 25x
Resources: Uworld offline, Uworld biostat review, Uworld CCS & a bit of passive learning as an intern. :baby:t2:
Step 2 CK: May ‘18

Prep: I couldn’t study for step 3 during interviews as it was overwhelming and then post match I had no motivation. Lol
Luckily I had 2 relatively light rotations in beginning of residency. Studied 2 hours on and off after hospital hours and finished Uworld offline and made my own nuggets.
September ‘19, I started on floors & residency struck me. I didn’t see Uworld or any world for next 4 months. :ghost:
Started reviewing my nuggets in January ‘20 during vacations, along with biostat review.
I sat for day 1 at end of January and then started on night float February 1st, with 6 days gap for day 2. This was the first time I attempted CCS cases. Familiarized myself with it. Randomly did practice and interactive cases but hardly finished half of them.
I struggled with CCS in actual exam basically due to lack of practice; walked out feeling that I’ll pass with 220 +- 10.

‘My Lord has always been kind’

Tip: Although residency helps in Step 3 but try to sit for this exam before your residency even if you don’t have a visa preference or don’t require one. It consumes a lot of your attention and time during intern year which can be otherwise utilized for more productive things.

Good luck peeps!