We can cry or be moved or experience

We can cry or be moved or experience deep feelings reading or watching works of complete fiction. And that’s good. But Never forget that just because something moves you, that it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re interpreting reality correctly. You could feel very deeply about something, or feel outraged, or deeply moved, only to discover later that your feelings were manipulated by a fictitious perception of reality, the same way you can be moved by fictional works.
True perception of reality is both rational and emotional, but emotion divorced from reason leads to passion about things that aren’t really happening. Too often I see people make the existential statement of “this is my truth.” Subjective truth does exist, but if it simultaneously denies objective truth then it is fiction and not truth at all. It may feel very real to someone but if it denies objective reality, it is false. Too often, the qualitative is placed far above the quantitative, meaning that people evaluate things and ideas based on unquantifiable qualities they perceive as being found in something (ie. Love, justice, hate, etc), while ignoring the quantitative numerical data that doesn’t support their view. When excessive qualitative thinking is combined with irrational emotion and hyper-subjective individualism, people end up just wobbling into total chaos, regardless of their education level or IQ.
Unfortunately, most people are being educated in specialized fields, getting degrees in particular areas, but assuming that their expertise extends to other areas. In order to understand any given thing, you need to study that specific thing. Thinking that you can just ‘figure it out’ is conceit. All these are worldview errors that I encounter constantly and find very troubling because true loyalty to objective truth is becoming uncommon, and this is very dangerous to our future.