What I can do is to give a review of the materials that I have used: Plabable

Ok so I took the exam on 11/1 and obviously I don’t know if I will pass yet. What I can do is to give a review of the materials that I have used: Plabable, Passmedicine, and 1 session of Plabable last minute review.

Plabable: High-yield question banks.
Pros - As you will read over and over. This online question bank is a collection of past exam questions. Since PLAB contains old exam questions and modified version of them, it is helpful to go through as much as you can.
Another big strength of the website, other than the good reflection of the actual exam is that it allows people to “comment.” I find it very useful to have that! It provides a sense of community, extra explanations, and some jokes.

Cons - website is very basic, it even went down several times in October. It is really a digitalized version of old exmas with longer explanations and people’s comments. Oh and you cannot copy and past the explanation, which I find annoying since I like making my own notes. Controversial questions are left there (this is where the comments come in handy, but then you feel like you are paying someone and doing their jobs at once).You cannot reset your answers, neither does it pool the questions like Passmedicine, and allow you to practice the questions you got wrong automatically. The comment function, while there, is minimal. You cannot tag someone or adjust on what you want to be notified on (a function poorly utilized here also haha).

Passmedicine: Nice questions and study materials
Pros: well designed website. Some questions are similar to PLAB but less of them. Not all, but some explanations are better than Plablable with good links on the topics. You can copy and past the charts and notes easily. Great section on “timed test” also, which you can decided the length of the mocks that you want to try.

Cons: as other people say, it is not as reflective of the actual test. If you are short on time like me, it is probably not the best (got to do about 570/3000 questions)I find the website a good complement to Plabable especially when it went down.

1 session of Last minute Webinar by Plabable:
It was 30 pounds for about 2 hours 15 min. Basically having someone going over the notes that you could not copied from the website. I study by myself so it was good to feel like being put in a classroom setting for once. Made me feel a bit more alert and aware. You can probably get that for free by forming study groups though. I suggest you judge based on your budget etc.

Alright looking forward to not do it again, but if it happens it happens. Good luck everyone.