When I was studying for PLAB 1, a lot of doctors helped me by giving me their study material for free

One of the things that I love the most about the UK journey is the culture of helping others for free by going out of our way.

When I was studying for PLAB 1, a lot of doctors helped me by giving me their study material for free.

When I was applying for PLAB 2 visa, a lot of doctors read my cover letter and gave me advice.

When I was in London for PLAB 2, I lost my wallet. But a friend who had never met me told me to not worry and was happy to help me. Luckily, I did find my wallet in a few hours.

When I was applying for jobs, a few doctors read my NHS Jobs profile and gave me feedback.

When I went for a job interview to a different city, a doctor who was working there, took time out from her morning ward round to print my CV to hand it to me before my interview.

On my first day at work in a training job, a doctor woke up at 7 am to save a parking spot for me.

I did not know most of these people and I will never meet some of them. But all of them helped me when I going through a stressful time without expecting anything in return. This is a big thank you to all of them! They know who they are.

And now, I feel there is more to it. A lot of people are arranging free career guidance sessions and seminars. Some are arranging free one-to-one meetings with IMGs to guide them. Some are holding free webinars and making YouTube videos to guide juniors. There is a lot of free guidance available on Facebook groups as well.

Overall, the culture in the UK is to help others, for free, by going out of our way. And I absolutely love it!