Why is a study plan so important?

Why is a study plan so important?

I am all about planning. I use the 5 Second Journal by Mel Robbin’s to plan my day. When I used to study for the USMLE - I had a strict studying schedule. As an IMG – I was in control of my studying time and progress, there was no mentors or teachers to keep track of my progress.

But besides studying for exams, I had one full time job and one part time job. So, if someone knows the value of every second - that’s me. I built an effective strategy for myself – what I need to review, what videos to watch. I have tried some apps to help building your schedule, but it didn’t work well for me. It wouldn’t take to consideration my jobs and my other duties I have to perform besides study. So, one day I just decided to map everything out, all topics and materials I needed to cover. I finally took control of my studying and my life.

So, what are the benefits of having a study schedule:

• Reduces stress levels. When you have everything in front of you, all subjects you need to cover, it’s eliminate anxiety and the stress of you keeping everything in your mind.

• It gives you a sense of control and helps you prioritize what needs to be covered first.

• It helps to create your daily routine.

• It helps to create studying goals.

• It holds you accountable.

• It keeps you organized and motivated.

Using my own experiences, I’ve helped student’s all over the world (USA, India, Poland, Ukraine and more) to create study schedules that work from them based off their personal goals and needs. Please reach out to me for more details!

P.S. Here is the example - parts of my recent studying plans for Step 2 students.