Why is there a sponsorship quota in PG counselling for inservice candidates

Why is there a sponsorship quota in PG counselling for inservice candidates I don’t understand…people are getting top branches like radio,med,dermatology at very low ranks…I mean on one hand they are getting salary of govt job and on other hand PG seat…isnt it unfair for those people who take drop one year or two years. Sit home without earning or earning very little studying all day working tirelessly…but still don’t get pg branch of their choice even after getting decent rank…

Just work as an mo in phc and experience and know how tough it is even to sit and study for 5mins, lots of programmes,lots of meetings and 24×7 hrs duty. Everyone wants to sit and study 24×7 like you preparing for open but getting a free hand afterwards. Every doctors doesnot come from a cash rich parents like you.

we have only 2 MOs. I dont have idea about your settings in your phc. But in this context i want to highlight you that i am working in a place where API for malaria is highest in all over india, where any new dreaded new disease like JE ,meningitis,cholera all starts from here. Every nearby health camp needs 10-15km on foot to reach. If i had money or from a good family background i would have enlisted in dams or any coaching center in metros but my situation is different. There must be lots of docs like me who wanted to do coaching and prepare for good open seats, everyone wants to settle a good life in cities. According to me sponsorship should be increased more as we have to end up working for govt after pg

You must not be knowing how doctors working in rural and hilly area suffers… They have to live in pathetic conditions with no access to basic services…Before writing try to understand their problems…

do you know junior residents in Delhi give 24 hrs emergency then rush for dams coachin some even don’t get time for they also live away from home and hardly visit their families during this and they give emergency duties thrice a week and prepare for neet simultaneously so there are pros and cons of everything!! So let’s b fair to all

It’s their choice… Working and studying is difficult. If they need some benefit while working its better to choose phc job and work in rural area. Why they working in metro cities? Plz don’t be jealous on service doctors. Even non service doctors are getting good clinical seats than service doctors based on their reservations and even non qualified doctors are getting admissions in private colleges. Stop blaming service doctors. If you are doing government service will you reject the service weightage?

Dropping a year and studying peacefully at home with all facilities can never be compared to studying while working in a rural area.

Who told you to drop a year why don’t u joining a govt job??? leave that everything first u dare to talk with a TRUE PROFILE, then u will dare to get a good rank wd a hilly area job, where doctors of course who were toppers in their school and 12ths are struggling for basic needs like water, electricity and communications.

So u are complaining about poor living conditions there ok I get it working condition are poor …but u are getting paid for Ur hard work… So why do u want quota in PG seats again …So u want money on one hand and PG seat in other…

So my dear friend i told you to join govt job, why to drop one year? get salary and don’t use service quota, you will be the inspiration for all… thank you and good luck.

Vijay Thapa cos everyone don’t get that great opportunity to work there !! So u r lucky u got job and quota altogether

Well I don’t need to I already got a decent rank this year sufficient to get my desired branch…so I don’t need any quota thing…

You can join service too and who is stopping you from earning .who told you to sit at home and prepare ?

No offense but it’s ridiculous because they are working hard in tribal areas when you get to sit in a metro city and enjoy city life .

I’m not a service candidate but I have seen people struggling there . it’s easy to sit and comment on FB but the reality isn’t what you think it is.

You did mbbs to sit in a room and read…? I think people not serving society after mbbs (in a country where still dr - pt ratio is poor, even poorer in rural areas) should be banned from going to post graduation…

When people start thinking only on the lines of me, my carrier,… they don’t get the straight pts…
Govts give chance to drs who serve people for post graduation only to serve people again after post graduation… and not as some favour to them as individuals…
For, example in tn, after getting post graduation as an in service candidate, you must be in service till super annuation (till retirement)…

So according to to you those people who get post-graduation on their own without service quota don’t serve people or they are money minded…isn’t it?

why don’t you listen what he is trying to say.? You are just picking words to make an argument …READ HIS LAST FEW LINES…

I think you are a guy. Then you u r identifing your self as female?. Of course it’s your personal thing. I don’t want to argue with you in this issue. If u would have worked in govt hospital for 3 to 4 years in a remote area, without minimum facilities and loosing 3 years of your career for poor people and with out neet coaching, will you reject the service weightage? Am pity on you, being a doctor you are not thinking in a broad way. First give respect to the colleague doctors and remove your worst post

For those who are saying service candidates are working in abysmal condition true I agree to that and I am no way taking their credit in this aspect…But just because u serve in village area makes u eligible for getting PG seat without even scoring good how is that fair…where is merit here? Than what was the need for neet PG exam then…wasn’t selection supposed to be on performance in neet PG…

govt needs doctors for govt hospitals. Its govt policy to offer pg after 3-5 yrs seevice. Kind of incentive.
U shud also try bro.
Bt pg for in service candidates is also not assured bcoz u dont get time to study.

There are lots of intricacies into it as getting pg in service or as exserviceman in case you get HTN or DM etc. it’s easy to point fingers. Respect the defence physicians. One thing for sure: you can study very hard and get there if you can’t join the forces. Stop babbling Doctor !

In services candidates are more dedicated and motivated to crack neetpg than you and i are.imagining doing duty 12 hrs a day and then managing to crack neet.

According to me , service candidates deserve reservation since no doctors are willing to go to rural areas to work, if we remove such reservations means no doctors will work in villages and such places will be dominated by quacks and fraudster.

Service candidates atleast work for the society and get there reservations but what do u say about caste reservations? They do nothing and still get reservations…