Yesterday was one of the most horrible days of my life ; a day I’ll never be able to forget

Yesterday was one of the most horrible days of my life ; a day I’ll never be able to forget .

I left my office at Sukkur for Lahore and took motorway . I crossed multan by 7:30 pm approximately , driver was driving the car and I was on rear seat . Weather was clean and no fog at all. When we reached 4 KMs short of Abdul Hakeem interchange , a badly crashed BRV Honda car and a damaged truck were in middle of the road and few cars were pulled over alongside the road . We pulled over our car and I came out . My eyes witnessed a terribly painful scene , a two years old beautiful kid was bleeding badly from his head , mouth and nose ; alongwith him was his 30 years old father stained in blood . Their bodies were trembling and bleeding 🩸. A woman who probably was also a passenger from some other car , was holding the kid in her hand , his father was laying down on the road and most of the people were busy in shooting videos and pix. As I reached the spot , I asked whether they contacted ambulance or police ; nobody gave any concrete answer , I knew it was too late for ambulance , I asked them to put both father and the kid in my car , people helped me shift them with me. Here starts one of the most horrible journeys of my life .

Next exit was Abdul Hakeem which was few KMs away , I left from there and decided to take U-turn to multan for nishtar hospital but I first needed first-aid for both . So I decided to rush to the nearest hospital which was RHC Abdul Hakeem . Meanwhile I contacted 15 and 130 and told them that patients were with me and gave them my cell number and name so if any family member contacts , they might be given information . The hospital was in the most rushy area of the city and we had to pass through the entire city to reach there . When we reached there there was no doctor , no medical staff . None. But I found mother of that fateful poor kid on a stature over there , lying down helpless and seeing the faces of people with empty eyes . She was awake but not in her senses . Someone shifted her 1 minute before me at RHC . That person was also sitting there , he said when people extracted her from car I just picked her and took to this RHC .

I got number of the doctor on duty , contacted him and he outrightly refused to come and said it was his Namaz time . I begged him to come but he refused . All the three injured ones are highly critical . I then started using my own sources and in next few minutes both DC and DPO were in my contact and things started moving but it was too late for the poor kid , he died in my lap 😰😰😰. When he died he was holding a brand new pink color dress in his hand ( which was in his hand throughout this episode )with price tag which his parents purchased from USA a week ago when they left for Pakistan to celebrate his BD with family . I saw QAYAMAT with my own eyes 😰😰😰😰. He was exactly the age of my own kids and one of the most beautiful and adorable kids I’ve ever seen, I’ve his pictures but can’t share for obvious reasons ).

I searched pockets of the man , got his valet and found his cards there . He was a USA national and living in California . His pak address and CNIC number was also mentioned on one of the cards . I got his CNIC , forwarded to my friends who had access to such information and in next 15 minutes I had his family tree and all the mobile numbers registered against them . Here came the most difficult and painful moment , I had to call his family and inform them . I knew I had to do it so I did .

First call I made was on his father’s number , I told him 1/100 of the whole situation but he knew it wasn’t as simple as I was posing . Then his entire family members started calling on my number and I avoided to tell them whole truth but maybe we all know such “ truths “ when receive such calls . We shifted them to DHQ Khanewal , my friends were in contact with me, both DPO and DC Khanewal were quite cooperating, DPO helped us shift them and DC arranged all the senior doctors available in emergency before we reached DHQ Khanewal . They were given proper first aid and then I arranged their shifting to Nishtar hospital multan .

During this episode I came to know that there was a driver who was driving their car and he was quite safe ( later on I met him , he was as safe as he wasn’t on that car at all . He was 60 plus and and quite relax . He hit the car bcoz his night vision was Blind but for a job of few thousands he didn’t tell this to them and was hired few days ago when the family returned from USA . He even didn’t contact the family and he hadn’t even a single bruise on his body. He hit a car at 120 against into a truck).

During this whole episode I saw people with no feelings , a doctor who preferred his namaz over three precious lives , police who went out of way and gave quickest response and did everything to save them , a driver who ruined an entire family coz of his greed and criminal negligence , a 4 millions car with no air bags , people busy in filming the incident instead of helping them and few who were leaving no stone unturned to help them , they were 1122 , doctors at DHQ , police and few civilians too . I saw an angel breathing his last in my lap and a mother beside him who didn’t know that her entire world destroyed in few minutes , a father who had imported chocolates in his pocket for the baby . A happy family and home turned into a mourning yard within moments . Right now both mother and father are fighting for their lives on ventilators .

This system has failed to provide basic medical help to a dying precious human and trust me we r on our own . Plz don’t wait for state to come to rescue us , help each other , maybe we would be able to save some lives . There’s no state around , it’s just us .

Note : I can’t share the pictures and videos , I just can’t . Just one blur picture as a message to everyone , plz drive safe and follow traffic rules . Don’t rely on a driver whom u don’t know and who’s not medically and mentally fit for driving . Stay safe.

Story is copied from a page

There was no author name

If anyone knows, can update us