25%ACL TEAR. My surgery involved drilling a hole into the bone and attaching sutures to the ACL

25%ACL TEAR. My surgery involved drilling a hole into the bone and attaching sutures to the ACL attaching them to an anchor and screwing that anchor into the bone. Today I had my 10 1/2 week follow-up appointment with my doctor. Today I ask the doctor how long do those sutures stay there. He says they are a fiber material and they will be there for a lifetime. My second question was when does the ACL reattach to the Bone and his answer was it should already be reattaching to the Bone at this point.
I have minimal swelling basically just when I overdo it throughout the day or after exercises which I am still doing three times a day. I still do not have full range of motion but I am close. My physical therapist said even if I don’t get it he is very pleased with where I am at but he believes I’m a get it back. I am still doing physical therapy and today my doctor gave me the okay to join the gym. He also wants me to start jogging in another two to three weeks.
When I left the doctor’s office I went right over to Anytime Fitness and I join the gym for a year.
Before this injury happened I was pushing 230lbs. I used to always be around to 220 to 225. The other day at physical therapy I got on the scale and it finally stopped at 244. I couldn’t believe it. That’s what sitting on the couch for two months will do. Today I got up on the scale again and I was 238 just by dieting. I don’t plan to overdo it at the gym but it’s time to get the strength back in my quad and my knee and it’s time to drop this weight and get into shape by my 40th Birthday next year.