4 years ago today was my 3rd knee reconstruction

4 years ago today was my 3rd knee reconstruction. This day always hits hard because it was honestly it was the start of the hardest recovery both physically & mentally of them all. I remember it taking months to walk without a limp. I remember it taking every ounce of strength in me just to get up from my bed due to the pain. I remember progressing to the next phase of physical therapy just to be back to square 1 a week later. I always reflect back on these moments because it’s forced me to realize that what I want for me doesn’t matter because God always has other plans! I still find myself asking Him why I endured such adversity like this. I take confidence in God’s promise for me is & still will be SO good. As bad as it was, I learned something about myself; that I could go through something like all this and survive. I remind myself that no matter what God’s reasoning is that maybe my story will reach someone one day to give them strength to get through their battle…

4 reconstructions later and I am seeing the sunshine in MY darkness. I’m witnessing my body do things in the gym that I never thought I’d do again. The hard work and hustle are showing through! I’m literally witnessing “when God heals and restores, He brings your out better than you were before”.