64 year old diabetic male undegoes right hemicolectomy for adenocarcinoma of the cecum. on the first post operative night he becomes tachycardic and is noted to have a temperature of 102.8F his surgical incision is tender with erythema and murky discharge. What is the most important intervention.
- Broad spectrum antibiotics, Tylenol + coooling blanket
- Open wound, Hyperbaric oxygen Tx
- Apply sterile warm compress over incision and replace dressing
- Open woundm Gram stain fluid, emergent radicle debridement
- Post. Op fever evaluation: sputum, urine, blood cultures