A CLUE ABOUT HEMORRHOIDS
Hemorrhoids also known as piles or varicose veins are swollen and inflamed in the rectum and anus that cause discomfort and bleeding.
SYMPTOMS OF HEMORRHOIDS
- Extreme itching around the anus.
- Itchy or painful lump or swelling near your anus.
- Fecal leakage(leakage of feaces).
- Painful bowel movement or toilet action.
- Blood on your tissue after defecating.
- Some times at the later stages the rectum tries to come out a little bit and goes back slowly or pushed back physically.
TYPES OF HEMORRHOIDS
- Internal hemorrhoids
- External hemorrhoids.
CAUSES OF HEMORRHOIDS
- PREGNANCY. This is common because as the uterus enlarges it presses on the veins in the colon causing it to swell.
- AGING. Common among 45 to 65 years. This doesn’t mean young kids get them.
- DIARRHEA. Especially on cases of chronic diarrhea.
- CHRONIC CONSTIPATION. Pushing hard to move stool/ feaces puts additional pressure to walls of the blood vessels
- Sitting for long periods especially in the toilet.
- Heavy liftng.
- ANAL SEX( sex through the anus) can cause new hemorrhoids or worsen existing ones.
- GENETICS. Some people inherit a tendency to develope hemorrhoids.