ACLR surgery in the morning. Trying to stay calm

ACLR surgery in the morning. Trying to stay calm

If I had it to do all over again (hopefully I won’t) I’d relax a bit easier going into surgery. It really is the easiest part of the whole experience. I was so freaked out, but it was over and done before I knew what happened.

Good luck in your recovery.

Thank you. I was relaxed the week before leading up Luzerne to it. Only got worked up once I arrived for my surgery and afterwards.

Surprisingly the surgery is a piece of cake. UNTIL the nerve blocker wears off… Stay on top of ur pain meds and you will be fine. Oh I don’t recommend having phone conversations after the surgery, just cuz you don’t feel high, you are still high lol

nerve block is basically worn off and pain overnight was pretty severe. Really struggling to deal. Elevation and ice haven’t been helping all that much.

My doctor said no to heat until 3 weeks. He said a little but still use the ice. Recommend you URLIGHT knee ice pack wrap, it can help can chill the knee and relife the pain/ swelling. The best part about it is that it ices both the front and back of the knee at the same time. It attaches to you knee with Velcro straps, so you can be up moving around, not tied down to the electric cord (and water tube) of the ice machine.