Alhamdulillah, passed PLAB 2 without attending an academy physically, here’s how I did it:

Alhamdulillah, passed PLAB 2 without attending an academy physically, here’s how I did it:

1. Attend online courses (paid or free). There are plenty PLAB 2 online courses available; Dr Mo Sobhy, Dr Ehab, Swammy, Aspire. Although I didn’t attend any of these, I’ve heard good reviews from those who attended them. Some doctors even provide online teaching for free (Dr Maher)

2. Get your hands on PLAB 2 academies notes. You can purchase these notes from the academies themselves or get one when you register for online course.

3. Join Whatsapp AND Telegram groups, this is a must! There are many but you need to ask around for links to join these group, some groups I joined are Dr Maher’s, Plab 2 for 2020, Key 2 Plab 2(Telegram) by Dr Faiza & Plab 2 secrets (Telegram)by Dr Ehab. Here’s why joining these groups helped me passing through PLAB 2:

• (Free) shared materials: many posters kindly shared their tips & materials for free, some would even give tips in audio files and pdf formats.
  • Exam recalls: new stations, recent exam pattern
  • Exchanging ideas to approach many different types of PLAB 2 stations
  • Free online/video call teaching
  1. Watch CSA videos on YouTube. Go to YouTube, search: CSA Hippocratix, watch every one of their CSA videos. There are many other CSA sample videos on YouTube as well.
  • What is CSA? Ans: Clinical Skill Assessment is a part of MRCGP membership exam. The setting of this particular exam is scenario faces by GP in the UK on a daily basis.
  • Why should I watch CSA videos? Ans: CSA is very much similar to PLAB 2, you should aim to perform as well as these acting CSA examinees/candidates in your PLAB 2 exam. Besides, most of PLAB 2 stations are GP-based.
  • How to use CSA videos in my preparation? Ans: Look for and learn how to use emphatic and symphatic phrases while having a conversation with patients. Note the natural responses (verbal & non-verbal) used by acting candidates on these videos. Write down learned phrases and utilize them in your practice.
  1. Watch physical examination and clinical skill videos by Dr Ankur Garg, Geeky Medic and Nick Smith. I solely depend on these resources for my preparation, I didn’t do any practice on any manikin.

2. Watch Dr Arora’s videos on YouTube to improve your IPS skills

I did all of the above and passed.

All the best!

Please pray/make a doa for the current state of the world that we’re living in. Pray & support fellow human beings who are oppressed in Uyghur China, Palestine, Syria, India, and many more in the world.