All those who are saying that DON’T POSTPONE NEET PG... some thoughts for them :-

All those who are saying that DON’T POSTPONE NEET PG… some thoughts for them :-

I have been away from my family for the last 15 months… Miss them a lot… And yet i support it… Don’t you think I want to be with my family… Don’t you think I am frustrated… Most of my friends are either working or doing PG… Even the non medico ones… Even then it is not right to be selfish… I know many of us have been preparing for long and are tired, saturated, fed up and just want it to be over…

Covid appropriate guidelines??? Remove mask for photo when you can catch covid in 15 mins… or fingerprinting… or full body check… or the crowds at the centre…

or central AC i.e. no fresh air… or there might be asymptomatic carriers

Instead of fingerprinting they can do retinal scan… They can have scanners instead of full body check… They can take on different dates… They can ask everyone to get tested

Even with masks there is still a chance that you can catch infection through your eyes… in ppe everyone wears goggles… also double masking is better than single masking which many in the general public dont know

After this postponement you think state govts will stay quite… all the docs will be called into service

Instead of fingerprinting they can do retinal scan… They can have scanners instead of full body check… They can take the exam on different dates… They can ask everyone to get tested…

See… few cases of every infectious disease are omnipresent… but now at the peak of the 2nd wave… when the country is reporting 2 lakh cases a day and when beds are scarce… in some cases not available… when the contact time for transmission has come down to 15 mins only…when 500-1000 candidates coming from high risk zone i.e. hospital are going to be present together… then the decision to postpone is correct… at least until the wave subsides…

Who is asking to postpone everytime… hundreds of medicos are becoming positive… thousands more might be asymptomatic… since it is peak now hopefully the govt will put in all measures to bring down the cases and transmission… and the public might start following or be forced into following the guidelines…

And those who are saying you have to work in COVID wards in PG residency… See, You will be in PPE over there… Away from family at hostel so which means they are safe… Safety procedures are followed… You will be quarantined after COVID duty…

Also it is disheartening to see that some doctors are saying that there is nothing like humanity, sympathy or empathy since this is a rat race… I hope they don’t behave the same way with their patients… seeing them as commodities… doing unnecessary procedures or tests…

Many are saying that because of this postponement the competition will increase cutoffs will be higher and people will get full marks… See the main competition that one has is with him/her self… In the future, you have to live your own life and these toppers will live their own… so think about where you stand rather then the competition… A good student will always thrive in whatever conditions may come…

Some have even resorted to abusing their colleagues… and I mean literally out right abuse… calling them names… saying cuss words…

I can understand that it’s sudden but please think about those who have been affected by COVID 19 I.e. Medicos and their loved ones…The cases are at an all time high and there is hope that they might come down due to the recent measures put in place…

The ones who are saying that medicos have been vaccinated… Not all of them have been as initially vaccination was only restricted to the frontline workers… Even if we consider that many have been… the fact is that they were vaccinated at a 28 day interval… whereas later studies demonstrated that 56 days is better and 84 days is best…So many have turned positive even after vaccination as the virus bypassed the insufficient immunity that had developed…

I know that many of you had booked tickets and hotels… and were on the way or were already present near the centre… but look at it this way… God saved you from some tragedy or calamity that might have occurred… So always be thankful and Stay Humble.

My only question - why postpone the exam of 3.5 hours but still let rallies, elections and melas happen? Are those people immune? Or are they not going to pose any threat to others? This is hypocrisy