Can someone suggest What should i do? Resign my job? See a psychiatrist? Or something else?

Hi. I am from chennai. I joined in tamilnadu service 2yrs back far away from my home just for the sake of a pg degree. After a long wait, right at the time of me becoming eligible for the service quota everything is cancelled now. I kind of feel like 2yrs of my life has been wasted in a job which i hate, i could have just stayed back and studied… My mom is ill back at home. I am staying alone… very depressed, cant sleep, it might sound crazy but am getting sucidal thoughts. I tried meditating and all stuff…not much of a help. Can someone suggest What should i do? Resign my job? See a psychiatrist? Or something else?. (Please dont start service vs no service. Am in no mood for it.)

Take a break , go visit your mom and family elders… discuss your situation they will help and give valuable suggestions… you will never get stupid things in your mind like suicide, when you see your parents face… all the best for your wonderful future

Take a break and go for vacation… live a day or two just for ur own self… profession is jst a part of life… its not the whole damn life… take a break its very much required for you… go spend some alone time enjoying things eating food or going to a beach or any place u like… and den resume studying…
After approx 5-8 years when you would have achieved everything , this phase u are going through wont even matter… u ll look back and see dt u were worried for just a phase… and it wont even matter after so many years…
wenever u feel lost just imagine yourself few years after now when everything will be fine…

Take leave and relax sometime at home…or travel to a hill station…call up your friends…Dont worry…service quota will be saved…u will get PG

Try to keep your mom with you so that u can take care of her or try to get a transfer to the place of ur choice…pg is a part of life…u can achieve it…don’t loose urself doc!! There are so many things ahead!! Be bold enough to trash!!!relax

leave d professn …not life my dear frnd…jaan hain to zahaan h varna sab bekar hain…enjoy ur life

Chill brother tum tho sirf 2saal waste kiya wo bi job k sath mai tho bhai 2saal se unemplyed baita hu…chill and study…and coming to sucidal thoughts and depression :most of the students face it …so take a break have fun and start studying

First call your parents or brothers and tell them about your suicidal ideas. Take one of them with you to psychiatrist. Have family support. This time will fly soon

IT doesn’t matter much. 2 years is not a big gap. You visit your mom. We wish her a good health. N you must have saved some amount. So take a break from job. Don’t resign. N start studying. It’s still 6 months for the exam n you can definitely do well. Get a consultation from psychiatrist. There is no harm n no shame visiting one.

Can understand the situation but pls never even allow the thoughts of suicide…
Ur life is more important than ur pg to ur family…!
In life there r many great things other than pg ,discover them…
Take courage… Dont quit,but Take break … All the very best.

Hello Vishnu. Please understand that giving PG entrance exam a larger than life status will only add to the pressure. You are not a failure if exam doesn’t go your way. There are more important things in life like your family. Stop everything you are doing right now and go on a break. Visit amma, spend time with her and get back to books when you feel better. Do not hesitate to take help from professionals if nothing seems to work for you. Do not forget you are a doctor already, PG is only an additive to your degree. Degree doesn’t define who you are. Fill your life with things/events that make you happy, everything will fall into place. I am saying this after giving this exam 5 times, seeing the bad side of myself filled with anxiety. Trust me, finding happiness is the key

Do not despair. What is depression ? Losing hope as if all is lost ? Its just a phase and your parents love you more than anything else. Life is precious. Your mom is more precious. Take long leave and stay with your family. Take help from a psychiatrist and support from your near and dear. Next year service candidates pan india may benefit…Who knows ? And scales may tilt in your favour. That is how you should lead your life. Look forward and stay positive.These are only testing times. Stay strong. Take a break. but do not quit your job and most importantly never ever lose your cheer. All will be ok.

Aap ne sirf 2 saal waste kiye wo bhi job k saath, yahan log 4 sirf study mai lga dete with coaching. Ghar jaeye, phir kahi tour pe jaeye

Attend transfer counselling and try to go back to ur hometown and be with Mom…don’t quit service…it’s just a matter of 6 more months…start preparing now…nothing is too late…talk to ur friends…quota illa na Enna…next year u can score very well…never quit…

Sometimes when things get depressing I think back to the time I was preparing for UG entrance exams, the stakes were higher, there was no way to know I’ll be able to get a good enough rank to crack the entrance and be a doctor. Future was a cloud of uncertainty. I knew I wanted to be a doctor, but as they say if wishes were horses beggars would ride. Even getting an mbbs seat is not a dream many can afford, but I am pretty sure most of us prayed and prayed and asked God to make us a doctor, a good one so that we can serve the needy. But then once we get into a medical college and after 6 years of hardships, atleast for a lot of us, our priorities changed, we wanted a stable life, a house, a car, a pretty garden, being able to provide a good education to our children, comfortable life to our parents. And we are told the easiest way to get that is to take a pg, a clinical one, becsue else atleast some of our friends are going to be life…what’s the point he is not a clinician, even if we are perfectly happy with our lives and career choices. And then we get pulled into the loop of depression where nothing becomes enough. Even with a degree that almost certainly ensures our family will never, ever be poverty ridden, we are made to feel that’s not enough. But it is. You’re a doctor today. You did an amazing thing and dedicated two years of your life helping people in a govt hospital, people who needed it most perhaps. And it’s terrible if you think your life is not worth living without a pg, because IT IS. Screw the people who make you think otherwise. You are so blessed to be a doctor who can touch lives. God bless you.

Take some break sir… watch ur family… don’t feel hopeless… U can get a seat …u have many chances to write again and again next time go stronger… … getting pg seat and the exams r not much … they r worthless for the purpose of our human life and capacity of our brain…
Relax … take break… watch movies … watch sports… talk to friends and family…be relaxed…

Ur life is most important. Nothing more than that. .no.degree whatsoever.
U r precious in Ur own way…God created u beatufully and pg is not end of world…Ur life is very important for u for Ur mom. .These are just passing clouds only person that can help u out of this is u used. …u have to live above these thoughts it’s never too late …u can cracking pg but 1st make used sound.and it’s not ur fault if u feeling this way it’s okay. .be proud of yourself …practice yoga meditation and if needed no shame in visiting psychiatrist. .depression is very common problem .It can happen to u me or any brilliant person…seek help…

Ur life is most important. Nothing more than that. .no.degree whatsoever.
U r precious in Ur own way…God created u beatufully and pg is not end of world…Ur life is very important for u for Ur mom. .These are just passing clouds only person that can help u out of this is u used. …u have to live above these thoughts it’s never too late …u can cracking pg but 1st make used sound.and it’s not ur fault if u feeling this way it’s okay. .be proud of yourself …practice yoga meditation and if needed no shame in visiting psychiatrist. .depression is very common problem .It can happen to u me or any brilliant person…seek help…

No matter what happens …never lose hope in ur life…do what you love…if not… love what you do…u may not like everything that is happening in ur life ryt now…but dont give up…figure out ur priorities…nd wrk on them …time will heal ur pain…if not at least u ll get adapted…take care of ur mom…

Pg degree is just part of life… not ur life… all of us hv a beautiful life… Don ruin it for sake of degree… spend time with family… go back… relax… nd study once ur mind is relaxed…